The Arts Center Killingworth (ACK) partners with outside organizations, offers volunteer opportunities, and serves as a resource for creative services including:
- In 2007 and 2008, ACK partnered with Youth & Family Services (YFS) of Tri-town and YFS of Haddam/Killingworth to offer day-long Summer Art Workshops to children and teens.
- In 2012, ACK collaborated with Westbrook Youth & Family Services Adventure Program to organize a Summer Painting and Clay Workshop for a group of children with Autistic Spectrum Disorders.
- In 2012, ACK organized its first month-long Children’s Art Exhibit displayed at Curves in Killingworth.
- In 2013, ACK is offering a workshop in Polymer Clay for Teacher Development Day at the Westbrook Middle School.
- ACK attends annual community events such as the Mercy High School Volunteer Expo, Killingworth Women’s Organization Fall Festival at Parmelee Farms, Clinton Chamber of Commerce EXPO, Old Saybrook Chamber of Commerce Business Expo and the Wadsworth Mansion Open Air Market.
- Community Service Hours are always available for teen volunteers. See ongoing and upcoming opportunities here.
ACK works with numerous organizations including: