Be part of a growing arts organization!
Volunteer with the Arts Center Killingworth to learn new skills, meet new people, and be part of a creative organization. Opportunities are available throughout the year for a variety of events and ongoing programs. Teens are welcome and can earn community service hours for their involvement.
Volunteer Requirements: Responsible teens and adults who enjoy working with people and have a sense of humor. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or Call (860) 663-5593 for more information.
Upcoming and Ongoing Opportunities
- Summer Art & Fashion Camps in July at the Arts Center Killingworth. Camp counselors and teaching assistants are needed for different art camps. And/or be a model for fashion illustration sessions – no experience necessary!
- Annual Arts Festivals (June and October) on the Essex Town Green in Essex, CT in June and on the Madison Town Green in Madison, CT in October. Be an Early Riser, Liaison between the public, artists and the Arts Center or Breakdown Assistant. Call to schedule your volunteer time frame.
- Art Birthday Party Volunteers (Fri-Sun) Love children? Greet visitors, help with the party activities, serve cake, juice and snacks, and assist the birthday parents to keep the birthday child happy on this special day.
- Advertising Solicitors (Ongoing, Flexible Times) Market to local businesses for sponsorship and advertising space to support the Arts Center’s larger events. ADVERTISING COMMISSION OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE. Target markets include Branford, Chester, Clinton, Centerbrook, Deep River, Essex, Guilford, Ivoryton, Killingworth, Old Saybrook, and Madison.
- Database and Phone Work (Ongoing, Flexible Times) Update the Arts Center’s contact lists to support the Center’s PR and marketing efforts. Learn basic contact database and refine phone skills.
- Help at the Arts Center’s Spectrum Gallery in Centerbrook (setting-up and breaking-down during special events)